Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here is our first ever list of the 14 most romantic places in the South!
#1 on our list for 2017 is the charming city of Fairhope, Alabama! This selection may surprise some people, but it won’t surprise anyone who has ever visited this beautiful community on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. The views are spectacular and the downtown area is alive with shops, places to eat and more. There are plenty of places to stay and the beaches are just a short drive away.
The list can change from year to year as we visit new places so be sure to make this list an annual tradition. If you have places that you think we should consider for next year, just let us know by adding a comment.
- Fairhope, Alabama
- Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- St. Augustine, Florida
- Helen, Georgia
- St. Francisville, Louisiana
- Natchez Trace, Mississippi/Alabama/Tennessee
- Cold Mountain, North Carolina
- Robbers Cave, Oklahoma
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, Texas
- Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia/North Carolina
- Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas
- Savannah, Georgia
- Cheaha State Park, Alabama
- Mount Magazine State Park, Arkansas
- Rainbow Springs State Park, Florida
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Biloxi Lighthouse, Mississippi
- Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- Apalachicola, Florida
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Here are some videos of places on this year’s list. Enjoy!