Here is our first annual Valentine’s Day list of the 10 Most Romantic Places in Arkansas!
A stunning state with mountains, prairies, historic resorts, waterfalls and great communities, Arkansas is a great destination in any season. The waterfalls usually run at full force in winter and early spring so if you love great falls and outdoor activities, Valentine’s Day is a great time of year to do some waterfall hunting!
Arkansas also offers first class restaurants and great accommodations.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our list! If you would like to suggest a place for us to consider when we assemble next year’s list, please let us know by leaving a comment.
- Eureka Springs A beautiful and historic Victorian community in the Ozark Mountains, Eureka Springs is a noted romantic destination with a wide array of accommodations, places to eat, carriages and wedding chapels.
Petit Jean State Park Noted for its rugged terrain, soaring views and spectacular waterfall, this park is the setting for one of America’s most romantic legends! Learn the story of Petit Jean, stay overnight in the lodge and cabins and enjoy a great meal in the restaurant.
- Hot Springs National Park “America’s First Resort” is centered on a remarkable National Park that offers tours of the historic bathhouses, stunning mountain views, a cascade that pours from a natural hot spring, shopping and spas. The park is surrounded by a community noted for its spas, hotels and places to eat.
- Queen Wilhelmina State Park A “Castle in the Sky” noted for its mountain top lodge and restaurant, beautiful views of the Ouachita Mountains and other amenities, this state park is rich in history and romance.
- Beaver Bridge The “Little Golden Gate Bridge of Arkansas” is picturesque and romantic. Located just a short distance north of Eureka Springs, the bridge is a “must see” attraction.
- Scenic Highway 7 One of the nation’s top scenic byways, Scenic Highway 7 stretches from the Louisiana line up through the Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas River Valley and Ozark Mountains. It is a great way to access some of the most romantic places and views in Arkansas.
- Mt. Magazine State Park The tallest point between the Blue Ridge and Rocky Mountains, Mt. Magazine features stunning views and a beautiful mountaintop hotel. The restaurant features glass windows on three sides for incredible mountain views.
- Talimena National Scenic Byway This scenic drive runs across the very tops of the Ouachita Mountains from Mena, Arkansas to Talihina, Oklahoma. Overlooks offer spectacular views and Queen Wilhelmina State Park (see above) offers overnight accommodations and dining.
- Arkansas Missouri Railroad The train excursions through the Boston Mountains are beautiful year-round.
- Fort Smith Trolley Museum Ride beautifully restored antique trolleys through historic Fort Smith and be sure to check out their sunset dinner train events!